Friday, September 18, 2009

Second Car

We finally got a second car, which really saved my sanity! Between Benson's obligations & the rest of the family it was impossible to survive on one. I'm not excited about having a car payment again or a higher insurance payment, but it's worth it. Funny but it's not at all what we wanted (or thought we wanted) or would have considered, but we looked at it anyway and ended up buying it. It's a Mazda 5. It's a little smaller than a mini van, seats 6, and gets 21 miles to the gallon. All pluses since we live outside of the city. The back seats fold down and it sits on the chassis of the Mazda 3 so it handles like a sports car-I love how it drives and how it turns on a dime. It's a pearl white, with a black interior, and has the option of driving as an automatic or manual. We like it, and the kids love having a bigger car as much as we do.

4 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

awesome!! cant wait to see pix! or in person sometime. sounds really nice. <3 the black interior. Thats different! at least, to me. I have really good insurance, full coverage, through Acuity. If you'd like a quote, let me know and I can put you in touch with my guy there :) I went down from $120/month with Geico to $80 month with Acuity. It includes my full coverage AND renters insurance :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the bigger smoother vehicle!! Enjoy all that new space. We too are looking for that 2nd vehicle...hmmm...cars!

Ryan and Melissa said...

Congratulations! I want to see a picture! What year is it? We can't wait to see you in a couple weekends! :D

Jensen said...

We actually looked at a mazda 5 a couple of months ago. They are really nice cars. Now you need to post pictures!