Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baby Today!

Ok, I have to say that I feel much better today. I did go to the Dr. which went all right, other than it was a 2 hour appointment with the kids. Surprisingly the kids were near angels and it wasn't that bad having them tag along. They got to hear baby's heart beat and see baby in an ultrasound, which Joshua loved. Each time Joshua saw my belly for the testing his eyes got really big and he stared at it-I laughed cause' he seemed so shocked, but I guess he doesn't see it much.

The verdict is that I have to do more lab work and that I have to have 2 ultrasounds a week until that baby comes (he's going to have a serious collection of ultrasoud photos and DVD's cause' they give them to me at every appointment). Not to be morbid, but the ultrasounds are to help prevent a stillbirth, among other things. I have a strict diet, and will be given new meds after the lab work comes in & is reviewed.
I still haven't sewed any blankets yet, it's terrible I know. The fabric just stares me in the face & makes me feel guilty. I've been swamped with baby, and getting the kids & myself set up with services, and being the CEO of this household-lol, but seriously, moving is SO bitter sweet.
On a neutral note: we love it here; it feels like home, but the heat is starting to come out in full force now. Just this week it was 109, 111, 110-too hot for prego ladies. When we drive in the car, it feels like the A/C doesn't even work at times, but the kids are better about it than me. I bring a small spray bottle in the car filled with cold water and they love to have me spray their legs and faces, it works for now!
We hope that all of you are doing great and having a good summer!

2 comments:

Ryan and Melissa said...

Wow, what a process. I hope everything turns out for the best and you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

Hang in there Nicole! You are almost there. Those spray bottles work wonders on everyone!! And don't worry about your blankets, just relax when you get the chance.