Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Baby News!

OK, Benson took the kiddies swimming so I have a few minutes to post. I had a Dr. visit today and things are looking better than they were last week. After 8 blood draws & many bruises later, I found out that I don't have gestational diabetes, but at times I my sugars are out of whack. She still wants me to live like I have it, but I prefer that to the former variable any day!

Also, Jacob is measuring in the 90th percentile, instead of the 99th which is also great; he's not growing too fast anymore. He's only slowed down his growing pace a little, but I'll take it!


And lastly, I am dialated to a 2. The CNP who I saw said that it's normal to be dialated to a 1 or 2 a month before delivery. What she should have asked instead is: "Is that normal for you." My water broke with Joshua when I was at a 1, and with Hannah, I delivered 2 weeks after I was at a 1. I just smiled because she was kind of a know it all, and thought to myself, he's coming.


I've been having contractions for about 2 weeks which she said was normal; I guess they got me to a 2. I do have them everyday, not too bad, but they aren't a piece of cake either. We'll see what happens!


Oh, this is his latest photo shoot!



7 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Oh how exciting, and pretty good news!! Good luck with everything. He sure looks like a cutie!!

Unknown said...

You're going to have this baby soon! Yeah for little baby Jacob! ( I was a 2 for a month, then I was a 4 for two weeks before I even went into labor) how funny we are all so different. Good luck! Miss you all

becky ward said...

i'm not even a 2 yet (i'm only at 1 for the last week) and i only have a week yet. no fair! (; needless to say i have been going up and down my stairs like a mad women trying to make some progress.

kristen said...

Have him this Sunday! He is a handsome little babe.
We are glad you both are doing better and are healthy.
Love you guys,

Kristen and Jared

Ryan and Melissa said...

Getting close and very exciting. I've been wanting to call you so bad! But I don't know what time zone you are in! If you get a minute you should give me a call! I'll try to get ahold of you, too, in the next day or two.

Brooke said...

Nicole, that's exciting! Love the name too

Stacie S-H said...

oh my goodness I am happy for the good news! can i stop by sometime after work this week? let me know! if its too crazy, i understand. maybe i can play outside with the kids or something to give you a break.