Friday, July 31, 2009

Ok...I'll post when he comes

Well...today's Dr. visit was very unfruitful! I had a new Dr. who said I wasn't dilated enough to be induced. She said that she wouldn't let me go past 42 weeks and I just thought "yeah, you're crazy if you think I'm going that far :)." In Idaho I would have been induced already, but Arizona is very different. They're so many prego women and not a lot of hospital space to accommodate, so you wait until it happens on it's own most of the time-so I am told (unless it's dangerous for mom or baby). My friend told me that she was at a 5 with her 4th child and she had to wait in the hospital's waiting room just to get into labor & delivery triage. After l & d triage you wait until you get a l & d room depending on how far along you are compared to all the other women. I've never heard of such a crazy thing. She said they're were about 5 other girls in the waiting room crying in pain to get into triage as well, to be put on a list to get into l & d. I'm in for a treat because my Dr. only delivers at the same hospital as my friend went to-lol. With Joshua coming a month early and Hannah 2 weeks, I thought for sure Asher would be here by now, but he'll probably be right on time :). I need to learn patience in this, I think I'm victim to the humbling process at the moment, but it never hurt anyone.

3 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Jeesh! What hospital are you at?? Sorry--hopefully it won't be much longer.

Oh, and did you change the baby's name? I thought it was Jacob.

Jill said...

My doctor did the same thing! After telling me I wouldn't make it through the weekend, I found myself in his office Monday morning and then he said I wasn't dialated enough to induce and that I would have to wait another week (which would have put me 2 weeks over due). Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. It took a phone call from my mom (embarrassing!) and a different doctor in the group to get things going. You're totally right - you should not mess with pregnant women ESPECIALLY in the summer. Good luck with everything!

Mrs. Wallace said...

We're naming him Jacob Asher, but Benson wants to call him Asher, We'll see what sticks though; Joshua wants to name him Scout :).